The Journey Begins

BeI am sitting in Knoxville's airport waiting on my flight to Charlotte, where I will connect to New York and then on to 'Dublin's Fair City...where the girls are pretty...blah blah...something about Molly Malone (Malloy?). ' I can't remember how the song goes now. Ah well.

I had to get up early because my father thought he would save on gas money by dropping my cousin off at weekend National Guard duty and me at the airport in one swoop. This apparently regardless of the fact that my flight doesn't leave for another 3+ hours. At least I got a good breakfast out of it. We went to Shoney's. I had to make sure I got some grits and biscuits and gravy. I am told I can't get that in Ireland or the UK. Of course, I can't get it in Chicago either, so it will be like Seabury with more blood pudding.
Knoxville's airport is a weird place. It has all the highest tech security gadgetry, thanks to our Congressman, who is the chairman of the House Aviation Committee. Good thing I forgot to pack my stick of dynamite and
other assorted “liquids, gels, and make-up.”

I have never taken a laptop on a airplane trip before, so this is also a new experience. I'm sitting here typing a blog entry and watching the Star Trek Borg Episodes that I have on my computer. This sure beats listening to the intolerable “warning...the moving walkway is now ending” mantra. I think convinced that must be a lawyer plot to drive all passengers insane. For what deviant legal purpose, I don't know. But it has to be some sort of conspiracy.

Speaking of conspiracies, I am also onto their little trick of putting a Krispy Kreme donut place inside the terminal. I've been smelling fresh donuts for an hour now.

Must...
Resist...
Donut...
Must...ah...
My...donut...
my...precious

Comments

Beth said…
In Dublin's fair city, where girls are so pretty,
Twas there that I first met sweet Molly Malone,
She'd wheel her wheelbarrow
Through streets broad and narrow
Crying "Cockels and mussels, alive, live-oh!"


Glad you made it safely, though I guess that's really a comment on the next post.
Stephen Newell said…
Don't forget we got a Molly Malone's pub here in Louisville. I'll go there first thing tomorrow and raise a pint for ye, laddie.
Kyle said…
Haha, nerd.

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on the 'Connecticut 6'

The History of the Football helmet

Homily Notes for the 32nd Sunday of Ordinary Time