Church Druids

I have not really been posting on the bizarre events in Pennslyvania where a clergy couple were alleged to be involved in Druid worship. I just assumed it was some sort of internal rumor or smear campaign. Apparently, there was some truth to it to the extent that the priests involved issued a full recant.

For more on this, click here.

I have to admit this is one of the weirdest things I have ever heard about in recent years. I don't even know what to think about it, other than I am glad I am not the bishop who has to deal with. I am pleased that the people involved have fessed up and recanted. On the matter of any sin involved on a personal level, I consider the matter closed. However, in my opinion, such people are no longer fit to be priests until such time, if ever, as they have agained earned the trust that comes with being a minister of Christ (keyword Christ, not trees).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on the 'Connecticut 6'

The History of the Football helmet

Homily Notes for the 32nd Sunday of Ordinary Time