OK, I'll bite...

Well, i have been intrigued by this IPOD game people seem to be playing on their blogs. I don't have an IPOD (Thank God. Sorry, AKMA, I had an Apple briefly when I was in college, and had nothing but problems out of it, so I swore I'd never own another Apple product.). I have been concocting a way of doing this and came up with cruising my hard drive and adapting.

How many total MP3s?
12,382 (48.1 GBs)*

*In my defense, I collect old radio shows in MP3, so probably 40 GB or so are pre-1960 radio shows. Hey, don't tell me you have never collected something weird...


Sort by Time - first and last songs?
First: Three Stooges Face Smack.mp3 1 Second
Last: Mercury Theater.The Count of Monte Cristo, April 1939.mp3 1 Hour 3 minutes

Sort by Song Title - first and last songs?
First: 19320512 Tarzan and the Diamonds of Asher, Part 1 of 37.mp3
(the number is the date of original broadcast)
Last: Zoomaway.soundeffects.mp3
(This is technically a sound effect not a song, but since I am including radio shows, I have to include everything)

Top Ten Played Songs (You will probably see a theme here)
1. Folsom Prison Blues by Johnny Cash
2. Ring of Fire by Johnny Cash
3. Compline by the Society of St. John the Evangelist
4. Eleanor Rigby by the Beatles
5. Daddy Sang Bass by Johnny Cash
6. Cocaine Blues by Johnny Cash
7. The Boxer by Simon and Garfunkel
8. Doctor Worm by TMBG (From my college days)
9. Mamas, don't let your babies grow up to be Cowboys by Willie Nelson
10. Perfume Suite by Duke Ellington

Last Ten Played
1. Bloody Mary Morning by Willie Nelson
2. If you've got the money, Honey by Willie Nelson
3. Blue Skies by Willie Nelson
4. Redemption Song by Johnny Cash and Jo Strummer
5. Father and Son by Johnny Cash and Fiona Apple
6. The Man Comes Around by Johnny Cash
7. The Shadow-Chess Club Murders, 1941
8. Sherlock Holmes-Bruce Partington Plans, 1939
9. SNL-Celebrity Jeopardy! 1998
10. Track 2, Dmitri Shostakovich, Symphony No. 5

Find 'sex.' How many songs show up?
3- Lewis Black (Comedy)- Bill Clinton and sex, South Park-Sexual Harassment Panda theme (more stuff from college), and Sexy Sadie by the Beatles

Find 'death.' how many show up? (This should be interesting...I may set the record on this one)
176...dang!
Most of these are titles of radio shows though, mostly, The Shadow, Gunsmoke, Sam Spade, & Inner Sanctum. Only 2 are non-radio show titles: SNL-Gerald Ford Death Reports by Dana Carvey, and Monty Python and the Bridge of Death. No actual songs with 'death' in the title.

Find 'love.' How many show up?
164 total. 96 are actual songs, mostly jazz and Porgy and Bess, with Crosby, Stills and Nash's Love the One You're With as the cream of the rock crop.

Well, that was fun. And yes, I might qualify for redneck benefits.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on the 'Connecticut 6'

The History of the Football helmet

Homily Notes for the 32nd Sunday of Ordinary Time