Thoughts on Katrina

I have to admit I was out of the loop last week. I was out camping for most of the last week. I knew there was a hurricane coming, but I had no idea that it was as bad as it turned out to be. Usually when I go camping, I make a point to not take a TV or radio or anything and just commune with nature. I have to admit I was completely shocked by what greeted me upon my return to civilization. Gas was over $3.50 a gallon and the radio was talking about thousands being dead and bodies floating in the water. I felt like a bumpkin that came out of the hills.

I do not know what to say with this post other than to continue to offer prayers for all those people, the refugees and the helpers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on the 'Connecticut 6'

The History of the Football helmet

Homily Notes for the 32nd Sunday of Ordinary Time