The Bats are out Tonight...

Actual conversations I overheard tonight at the Computer Store:

First Man: "My laptop is running so slow and crashes all the time. I'm bringing my computer into to the shop to check it for viruses."
Second Man (while the poor salesman lugs the clunker into the back): "I don't worry about viruses. Not many people know that viruses work in the back of the memory, and Windows is in the front of the memory. So it's something else."

Hmm...I didn't know that either; and yet with that bit of knowledge, I think my IQ still dropped.

And then I overheard this gem during the same visit:

Customer: My manual says I have a 486 and it is getting too slow; I want to upgrade it. It says I need to upgrade to something called a 2 megabyte SmartDrive? Will that help?

Better get home before midnight, or you'll be reformatted into a pumpkin.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on the 'Connecticut 6'

The History of the Football helmet

Homily Notes for the 32nd Sunday of Ordinary Time