Frodo's magic scar

I love the movie Return of the King. In fact, all the movies in Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings trilogy are incredible. I sat down and watched it again last night (well most of it anyway). Sometimes I think that movie is long, and then I watch something like Das Boot which I swear goes on for 10 hours.

I think the most endearing quality of the movie is what I call Frodo's Scar. If you watch closely in ROTK, Frodo has a scar on his face that changes size and shape throughout the movie. It is mainly on the left side of his face, but it sort of moves up and down the jaw line and in a few scenes is actually on the other side of face. It is really quite amusing. I surmise the scar must be under the influence of Mordor or else is a shapeshifter that got lost from Star Trek.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on the 'Connecticut 6'

The History of the Football helmet

Homily Notes for the 32nd Sunday of Ordinary Time