U-505



My blogging has been a bit sporatic the last half-week or so due to a good college friend whom I have not seen in a few years deciding to come and visit for the weekend.

She wanted to go see the new U-Boat exhibit at the Chicago Museum of Science & Industry. I am atoning for this lack of bloggery by posting some pictures I took of the U-505, a German U-boat captured intact during WWII. Apparently the U-505 sunk 10 ships before finally being captured by depth charges from the USS Chatelain.

This is an incredible exhibit. I highly recommend paying the 5 extra dollars to take the 20 minute tour of the inside of the ship. Its sort of a choregraphed story-tour with sound effects. You really get the feel of what life was like on a U-Boat. My friend, who is from Orlando, FL, and used to fake rides even thought it was cool. They would not let us take pictures on the inside, however. That aside, if you are in the Chicago area, I highly recommend going to see it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on the 'Connecticut 6'

The History of the Football helmet

Homily Notes for the 32nd Sunday of Ordinary Time