MSN Messenger Weirdness

I noticed yesterday that my MSN Messenger (instant messaging) was acting really weird. I guess that's not exactly true. It wasn't acting weird, it just wasn't working at all. I would try to log in and would get this bizarre Error Message. Due to Seabury's funkadelic internet server and my own computer which is probaby in need of a reformat in the next couple of months, I ran every diagnostic I could think of. MSN Messenger has a trouble shooting diagnostic, and everything seemed to check out. I rebooted (which I hardly ever have to do) and that didn't do it. I checked to make sure the Microsoft IM network was running, which it was. I finally gave up and went to bed.

I got up this morning, and the same thing was happening. Finally I was google searching the error number and ran across this blog. The blog said to check your computer's clock and resynchronize and it would fix the Messenger problem. I thought that sounded insane, but I tried it. Sure enough, I had been looking at the calendar last night and had accidently set the date for September 27, 2006. I fixed that and MSN Messenger worked immediately.

Who'd a thunk it was the calendar?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on the 'Connecticut 6'

The History of the Football helmet

Homily Notes for the 32nd Sunday of Ordinary Time