Bumper Sticker Thoughts

I was driving home from church on Sunday, and this woman in front of me had the following bumper sticker on her car: "My Tattooist beat up your Tattooist." There was also the name of a tattoo parlor and address from somewhere. I think it read St. Louis, but I was not about to tail gate a woman with that sort of bumper sticker just so I could read the entirety of said bumper sticker.

I must admit that was an interesting marketing ploy. I don't know about you, but I don't think I would particularly want to get body art from a thug. I guess I am just not of the feng-shui-skid-row demographic.

Comments

JHearne said…
Picture this:

You're getting a tattoo. Perhaps a flaming skull with a dagger in its mouth on your shoulder? Oh yeah, and the skull is saying something like, "I crush things." You know... something manly.

When, suddenly, the door is kicked open by a rival tattooist. Your chosen Tattoo champion attempts to defend your honor but is bested.

The new tattooist turns your really-cool-and-manly-tattoo into a little "precious moments" girl wearing a tutu and saying, "I like flowers and playing dress-up."

Does it matter then?

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on the 'Connecticut 6'

The History of the Football helmet

Homily Notes for the 32nd Sunday of Ordinary Time