End of the Year thoughts

We have finally pushed into the final week of the school year. In some ways I ask, "where has it gone?" In other ways I ask, "how can it not be over yet?" I was thinking back to fall term when we had Plunge, the same week the Sox won the World Series. Seems sort of long ago in a galaxy far, far away. And yet in other ways, I realize I have been at Seabury for 2 years. Seems like just yesterday I was getting lost by wandering down all of Seabury's Hobbit holes. Strange how that works.

What's really weird is that I won't see one of my roommates until the beginning of spring term next year. I am going to be in England in the fall, and he is going away for field education winter term. Its really weird to think I will come back in January and there will be a whole new group of students I won't know. (And from what the registrar tells me, it might be a sizable class).

I went to a Cubs/Braves game yesterday with one of the seniors, and it hit me that this time next year, I'll be about to graduate. With Field Ed and Westcott House, I have only one academic quarter left at Seabury...how weird is that? And then I will be paroled, and that's even stranger. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on the 'Connecticut 6'

The History of the Football helmet

Homily Notes for the 32nd Sunday of Ordinary Time