Clergy Shortages

While I was at the Lay Reader's conference in Martin, SD (population 204), I had an interesting conversation with the priest in charge of clergy deployment for the diocese. She was the initial person I dealt with when setting up this internship, so I know her somewhat.

Apparently, the diocese is desperate for clergy. After buttering me up with two pecan brownies and a Dr. Pepper (she knows how to deal with Southerners apparently), She flat up offered me a job if I wanted it. I had to politely decline, seeing as my diocese (Nebraska) is probably going to create a curacy or something for me next year. In fact, I have a meeting with my bishop on the 31st to discuss that very topic (amongst other things). Apparently I am "on the radar" in the South Dakota deployment office.

I pass this along in case any of my priest or priest-to-be friends are still looking for work. South Dakota is looking for good clergy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on the 'Connecticut 6'

The History of the Football helmet

Homily Notes for the 32nd Sunday of Ordinary Time