Going to Pierre

With my supervisor, we went up to the state prison in Pierre, which is pronounced "pier" unless you want to get a sock in the head. There was lots of barbed wire, and it was not officially visiting hour. Since we were clergy, they gave us a break and let us in.

Talking on the phone through glass was an interesting experience. It was interesting that I ended up doing that, considering I was a law student in a former life. They would not let us give him communion, though, which I thought was a bit excessive. Its always a shame to see a young person throw his life away for something stupid. But, what can you do? Visit them and hope they get another chance down the line.

After that, we took a tour of the State Capitol. Pierre is about the smallest state capital I have ever seen, less than 10000 people. After the visit The state Capitol building was quite nice. The tour guide showed us all around. Such is life in Pierre, I suppose.

Comments

Kyle said…
Wow.

Blessings upon you.

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on the 'Connecticut 6'

The History of the Football helmet

Homily Notes for the 32nd Sunday of Ordinary Time