Riding off into the Sunrise

I left Mission today for the last time. I had to make a courtesy call to the diocesan office of South Dakota today since they paid my summer salary. As I drove away this morning, it was still dark. This was followed by a gorgeous sunrise that I was driving towards. I found that to be an appropriate end to an interesting summer in the West: riding off into the sunset sunrise.

Ironically, as I rode off into the sunrise, I had two bishops waiting on me at the other end. The Bishop of South Dakota wanted to meet the intern before I left. They were nice enough to buy me lunch and put me up for the night in downtown Sioux Falls. The hotel has a hottub and a pool...sweet. I have a distinct feeling that I was being recruited as possible future clergy for the diocese.

By random chance, I walked into a shop in downtown Sioux Falls which sells Irish goods. The proprietor was Irish and asked if I was Irish. I told him I was going to be in Ireland in a few weeks for a bit of vacation before I head to Westcott House. Needless to say, I suddenly became his favorite customer. We chatted for about an hour, and he gave me some sightseeing ideas.

Tomorrow, I get to go down to Omaha and meet with my bishop. We get to talk about all sorts of fun things like the Diocesan psychologist and COM's recommendations that I am not, in fact, crazy. Also on the docket is possible deployment options for me after I graduate next spring. (I can't believe how weird it felt to type that.)

That's the Archer News for the day. G'Day, ole' chap!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on the 'Connecticut 6'

The History of the Football helmet

Homily Notes for the 32nd Sunday of Ordinary Time