Dublin, Day 1

Its currently 1PM or 8AM depending on how you look at it. I never seem to get any sleep on overnight flights. I mainly manage to get a few dozes in between the screaming baby who feels it necessary to make an appearance on NORAD plane tracking. I have accepted the fact that its my lot in life to never have an airplane ride without a screaming baby within 3 feet.

This one was an added bonus. Not only did he scream every 15 minutes, he also had the most irritating MIDI file playing toy I have ever heard. If Pavarotti Jr. wasn't howling ever 15 minutes, the song playing toy picked up the slack.

Then we had to make an unscheduled stop in Shannon, Ireland because some guy was apparently having a heard attack. The stewardesses managed to hide the fact until we were in descent so no one panicked.

Proves my point...screaming babies on planes are hazardous to your health.

And all this fun after my flight to New York from Charlotte got delayed because of maintainence broken plane. Luckily the customer service rep was able to push me onto a later flight to Ireland by sticking me on Screaming Baby Flight# 666.

In any event, I am not at the hotel I am staying at near the Temple Bar in Dublin. I checked in about 10 local time, and they said I couldn't check in until to. I didn't want fall asleep guarding my luggage, so I waddled up the street, suitcases in hand, to a Catholic church I wanted to see. They were about to hold mass, so I went in. I must have been a sight. Luggage carrying tourist who hadn't slept in 36 hours. I did snag some nice pictures though after the service.

Now for the weird part...the noon mass is apparently in the traditional Irish tongue. I didn't understand a word of it, but it was beautiful. Probably just as well. Being sleep deprived, my remaining Low Church strand was having a field day. I kept my mouth shut. I was just too tired. Now I'm babbling...time to hike back to the hotel and get some sleep.

Comments

Kyle said…
Bless your heart. :0)

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on the 'Connecticut 6'

The History of the Football helmet

Homily Notes for the 32nd Sunday of Ordinary Time