South Dublin in a Day

I am finally back at the hotel after a long day of walking the South side of Dublin. I started out going to St. Stephen's Green and then to Trinity College to see the Book of Kells, the illuminated mauscript from circa AD 600. They didn't allow photos, so I won't include any.

I discovered a truism today about Dublin. I darted into a pub for lunch because it blew up a hearty rainstorm. It had been perfectly sunny when I left. I was drenched, and the bartender said, "First day in Dublin?" I agreed and asked why. He said, "Only people knew to Dublin forget their umbrella and jacket." There be truth in that.

I then moseyed over to St. Patrick's Cathedral, one of the two Anglican cathedrals here in Dublin. I have included a few shots below. I saw Jonathan Swift's grave, inside the church. He was dean there for like 3 decades. He is still the most hilarious satirist I have ever read.

I then buzzed over the the Guinness brewery in St. James' Gate. I am going to post some pics of that pilgrimage after this. The top floor is a 360 degree panorama of the city where you get to task a bit o' the black stuff, compliments of the establishment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on the 'Connecticut 6'

The History of the Football helmet

Homily Notes for the 32nd Sunday of Ordinary Time