Its the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!

It has been weird going all Halloween day and not seeing anything having to do with Halloween. I admit, it has been nice being able to walk into almost every store and not be bombarded with Vampires eclipsing Christmas trees that will soon be in full view. I have seen trick or treat chocolates and a black cat in one store window, but largely I feel a little let down, since Halloween is not so much a holiday over here, almost like Linus (at least I think it was Linus) when the Great Pumpkin never came in that Charlie Brown episode.





I find this feeling sort of strange since I never really do anything for Halloween back home, save a showing of my classic black and white horror film collection while stuffing my face with Peep WMDs (wads of marshmallow desserts). Luckily I have my collection of old radio shows, so I may treat myself to the classic Mercury Theater production of Dracula with Orson Welles. I guess I could also console myself by burning some Catholics at Guy Fawkes day next weekend since I will be in Canterbury, that's more fun than egging houses anyway.

Haha...just kidding. Trick or treat!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on the 'Connecticut 6'

The History of the Football helmet

Homily Notes for the 32nd Sunday of Ordinary Time