Honestly...

So I was watching the Emerald Bowl last night on ESPN between UCLA and Florida State. I know...I know. Not exactly a BCS bowl, but having been in England and missed the entire football season, I'm content with table scraps. And, truth be told, it was a good game until the 4th quarter with UCLA ran out of gas.

ESPN and ABC their parent company, own the rights to the Rose Bowl this year between Michigan and USC. Granted, that could be a good game, but ESPN has been shamelessly plugging the Rose Bowl every 10 seconds for weeks now. It reached a new low last night. Near the end of the first half, the Aflac Trivia question came up. What team holds the current streak for consecutive bowl game appearances at 35?

My father and I pondered this for a moment. He figured maybe Nebraska. I was about to agree, and then said, "bet you 10 bucks its another shamelss plug for the Rose Bowl." Sure enough. the answer was "Michigan, who by is playing in the Rose Bowl [enter another 30 second Rose bowl plug]."

AFLAC! Shameless...absolutely shameless, even for ESPN standards. AFLAC!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on the 'Connecticut 6'

The History of the Football helmet

Homily Notes for the 32nd Sunday of Ordinary Time