It Must Run in the Family

Apparently the Archer comes by it honestly. Cartooning runs in the family. My grandfather (who when he was still alive did the cover art for a few reprint paperback editions of the Edgar Rice Burroughs' Tarzan series, one of which was put on display in the Smithsonian Tarzan exhibit some years ago) and my aunt (who has illustrated a few children's books and is currently working on another one) have been known to cartoon from time to time, and certainly the administrator of this blog is renowned in certain circles for my Archer Comics series and some political cartooning (back when I was young, naive, and idealistic) I did years ago that made rounds in the Knoxville and Chattanooga newspapers.

Well...enter the next generation of Archer family cartoonists. My cousin/adopted brother decided to enter this cartoon he drew in the art class competition at his high school, and asked if I would put it on my blog. I was happy to oblige, since this is a rather sizable comic done in pastels. He also apparently inherited my penchant for humorous ripoffs. (I'm a corrupting influence apparently.) With apologies to the Crankshaft cartoon strip, enjoy. And as always, click to enlarge.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on the 'Connecticut 6'

The History of the Football helmet

Homily Notes for the 32nd Sunday of Ordinary Time