The Archer: Year in Review

I have been contemplating what I was going to do for an end of the year blog, so I decided to do a David Letterman-esque top ten photographs of the year. Considering I have taken well over 1000 pictures during the year with my adventures in South Dakota and Europe. It was a tough task. I whittled it down to 50 and then 30 and finally ten. My criterion was a memorable event and/or a unique place or camera shot.

Here is what I came up with:

This is the granddaddy of all hot dogs I got at the NCAA College World Series in Omaha, NE. And it was kosher, too.
This was the view out my back porch one weekend in South Dakota. A local Lakota had erected a traditional teepee for a group of church folks to see.
For a few weeks, I was working as a counselor/program coordinator at the Thunderhead Episcopal Camp in the Black Hills of South Dakota. One day after a dinner time shower, there was the biggest rainbow I have ever seen.
My time in South Dakota ended, and I found myself across the pond. First stop: a vacation in Ireland. This is from the top of the cliffs of Howth, a fishing village on the north side of Dublin.
My travels took me to Westcott House, seen here on a lovely September day.
A weekend trip to London introduced me to Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament.Canterbury is leaning, or at least so it appeared in this accidental and weirdly angled shot. I got to stop on a weekend trip to Rome and see the Colosseum. I had considered a picture of the Vatican, but one of my dreams growing up was to see the Colosseum, probably because I saw one too many gladiator films. And, of course, a view from the top of the Al Hambra in Granada, Spain, in early December. This was a truly spectacular view. You really didn't expect me to end on a serious note, did you? I met this chap in Ely Cathedral...must be an old family relation.

There is my year in review. The old ends, the new begins. Happy New Year, everyone!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on the 'Connecticut 6'

The History of the Football helmet

Homily Notes for the 32nd Sunday of Ordinary Time