Spring...it exists!

My mother in Tennessee keeps telling me that she is constantly outside in 70+ degree weather. From the sound of it, she's frolicking in blooming irises and joniquils. After almost two months of continuous snow, I was beginning to think that spring time was much like a yeti, with alleged sightings which I could not confirm or deny.

Today was a breath of fresh air...so to speak. I was actually awoken by birds chirping out in the courtyard. The sun (I think that's what they call that yellow disc thing that floats in the sky) was shining. I walked all the way down to the drugstore for a Dr. Pepper (They stopped stocking RC Cola...the jerks!) without a coat. First time that has happened in months. Spring is here...at least temporarily. In Chicago, you never know, but I will take what I can get.

Take that, old man winter!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on the 'Connecticut 6'

The History of the Football helmet

Homily Notes for the 32nd Sunday of Ordinary Time