Favorite Saints Meme

Kyle, over at Captain Sacrament, got tagged with an interesting meme. You have to name your four favorite saints, your favorite blessed saint, and the person you think should be canonized. My more protestant readers will no doubt be theologically horrified by this. Kyle made an interesting point that "saint" can be defined as "a noteworthy holy person of the Christian faith."

Without further adieu, my Four Favorite Saints:
Dietrich Bonhoeffer (patron saint of this blog)
Augustine of Hippo (Sub-patron saint of this blog)
Thomas More (Best quote ever: "Up yours, Henry VIII I die the King's good servant, but God's first." ) He is also my entry for "Person who should be made a Saint" because he is not in the Anglican cycle of Saints. Anglicans really know how to hold a grudge I guess...
Enmegahbowh (Yay! Native Americans...with cool icons no less)

Favorite Blessed Saint:

I think this title is sort of silly because all saints are blessed, but I'll play along.
Mother Teresa

OK, tag time...Beth, Heidi, Raisin, The Deaf Jedi (let's see what a Baptist does with this.)

Comments

I stand corrected. Thomas More is in fact in the Church of England's cycle of saints for July 6th, but for some reason is not in the American Episcopal cycle of saints. Usually the two calendars coincide, but occasionally they differ, as is the case here.

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on the 'Connecticut 6'

The History of the Football helmet

Homily Notes for the 32nd Sunday of Ordinary Time