Just call me Wally

I love the Wally character in Dilbert. He's cynical and does nothing but drink coffee. I had my Wally moment this morning after filling out more ordination paperwork for the third time in a week.

And I was drinking coffee.

My roommate asked me what I was doing, and I wondered why it was necessary to have another background check since my background hasn't changed in two years. My roommate mentioned the need of "keeping God's children safe," a humorous reference to the Episcopal Church clergy misconduct program.

I retorted that I was "keeping God's children safe...from seemingly worthless Church bureaucracy." My coffee was especially tasty at that point.

Just call me the Wally of the Forest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on the 'Connecticut 6'

The History of the Football helmet

Homily Notes for the 32nd Sunday of Ordinary Time