The First Day

So I started at St. Mark't today. The first day of the rest of my life as the curate. I think it went pretty well. I think my major challenge is going to be in trying to remember people's names, which I am not especially good at. I can remember minute details and conversations I have with people, but it takes me a few minutes to conjure up their names. I generally tend to think of them after the fact.


So, what was my first curate task other than functioning liturgically as a deacon? Well, I was forced to rescue data from a computer in the office which was showing the dreaded Windows blue screen of death. I pulled out my emergency Ubuntu Linux live CD and circumvented the malfunctioning Windows operating system long enough to rescue the data onto an external USB harddrive by using a temporary operating system. The bad news is we had to reformat. The good news is the sermon (and other important data) were saved.

Fear the Geek... he's on a mission from God.

Comments

AKMA said…
Linux FTW! WEll done, my advisee!

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on the 'Connecticut 6'

The History of the Football helmet

Homily Notes for the 32nd Sunday of Ordinary Time