First Vestry Meeting

On my second Sunday as a curate, I got to wade in the water of a vestry meeting. I have attended several vestry meetings in different churches in the past, but always as a lay person. This was a different experience entirely, being involved in a vestry meeting as a wearer of a clerical collar.

In fact, more than once as issue was raised and someone would say something like, "Well, I think such-and-such, but what do the clergy in the room think?" At which point there would be a pause and people would look at me. It would always take me a few seconds for my brain to register the fact that one of these so-called clergy people is, in fact, myself. Oh, is that what this stupid piece of plastic around my neck means?

Woopsies...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on the 'Connecticut 6'

The History of the Football helmet

Homily Notes for the 32nd Sunday of Ordinary Time