I'm a Chaplain...

of the Lincoln Elks' Lodge.

I finally got asked (I knew it was coming) to be the regular chaplain at the Elks' Lodge. I joined back in the spring when I learned I was moving back to Lincoln. They asked at that point if I wanted to be assistant chaplain. I had a feeling I was being groomed for something else. I officially got asked to become the full chaplain today, which is an officer position because the current chaplain is having to step down because of his work schedule. Now, I'm a officer and a curate.

At least they serve beer at the lodge, which beats the pants of being a CPE chaplain. Not that I'm bitter about CPE or anything. At least I no longer refer to it as Crappy Pastoral Education.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on the 'Connecticut 6'

The History of the Football helmet

Homily Notes for the 32nd Sunday of Ordinary Time