St. Mark's Church Organ

So, a few weeks ago, I was the only one in the office, so I answered the phone. There was someone on the other end of a bad connection. The following hilarity ensues:

Curate: "St Mark's...this is the Curate."
Voice: "Yes, I'm from Saint {static} in {static} Kansas...we want to peek at St. Mark's organ."
Curate (thinking its a crank call): "Umm...ok."
Kansas Parishioner from Saint Static on-the-Lines Episcopal Church: "We're wanting a new organ and will be in Lincoln next week looking at organs...we hear St Mark's has a big one."
Curate (stifling laughter): "Well, let me bring up the Calendar on the computer here...what day do you need to come in?
Parishioner: "How about Thursday?"
Curate: "I'll pencil you in for 1PM."

One week later, they appeared. Turned out they were from the parish that my former roommate from Seminary is now working at. Matthew appreciated this when I called to tell him about his parishioners wanting to peek at St. Mark's organ.

It's a small church after all...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on the 'Connecticut 6'

The History of the Football helmet

Homily Notes for the 32nd Sunday of Ordinary Time