Dude...it's like purple incense!

My cell phone starts ringing early this morning. I had set the alarm clock on it because I had to get up at 5 to make a pastoral care call. I looked at it and realized it wasn't the alarm clock function...someone was calling me. Bad news always invariably comes in the middle of the night.

It was the police station: the church security alarm had gone off. 2 potheads from the fraternity had jimmied the door downstairs. Their mission? Smokin' doobies in the Lady Julian chapel. Not realizing they had tripped the motion sensors, they proceeded to fire up some purple incense haze.

The police busted them as they were coming back out. Sergeant Friday The policeman on the scene was quoted as saying, "the only evidence of the pot was that one of the officers thought they smelled it. I guess they smoked the evidence." They were ticketed for trespassing.

Quoth the rector, "I chose not to speak to the young men, but I did see them from across the courtyard; they looked like they had definitely had better days..."

Comments

RB said…
I haven't been by for the Tuesday Eucharist in Lady Julian's chapel for a very long time. A change in my work schedule won't allow it.

I guess today would have been the day to do it. Might have been quite an uplifting experience.

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on the 'Connecticut 6'

The History of the Football helmet

Homily Notes for the 32nd Sunday of Ordinary Time