The Entry where the Archer hears Desmond Tutu

Desmond Tutu, retired Anglican archbishop of South Africa, was in Omaha yesterday to support the Girls' Inc. group. It helps to have Warren Buffett's wife (and money) on their board to attract such big name folk. The Diocese of Nebraska is also a big supporter. All the clergy got priority seating to the event, so I got to sit with the big wigs.

Bishop Tutu gave quite possibly one of the best sermons I have ever heard on the meaning of forgiveness. Some preachers like to harp on that, but when it comes from someone like Desmond Tutu, he means what he says. He understands how hard and yet how powerful forgiveness could be.

Sometimes I have my own personal issues with the Anglican church and all the goings on, but then I remember folks like Desmond Tutu. I am like, "Yeah, I'm cool with this..."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on the 'Connecticut 6'

The History of the Football helmet

Homily Notes for the 32nd Sunday of Ordinary Time