I told you so...

A friend of mine e-mailed me this article. I predicted at the time that when the University of Nebraska fired then coach Frank Solich, the defensive coordinator should have been hired on as the head coach. Nebraska let Pelini slip through their fingers and hired that goofball Bill Callahan instead. I said that 4 or 5 years down the road we were going to regret it.

And what do you know...the Archer was right. Bo Pelini is now the defensive coordinator at LSU and working on a national championship. I said at the time he was going to go somewhere and win someone a national championship. The year he was in Lincoln the defense made incredible improvements.

There was an article in the Omaha paper a few days ago about the number of games Nebraska has lost in the Callahan era by 17 points or more. He's already at 8 (Tom Osborne had 9 over a 25 year career). I imagine this will go up by at least 2 by season's end. If Pelini had stayed, I guarantee that would not be the case. (609 yards to Ball State? Are you kidding me?)

Ah well...mediocrity, thy name is now Nebraska football.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on the 'Connecticut 6'

The History of the Football helmet

Homily Notes for the 32nd Sunday of Ordinary Time