I think I hate snow days

So, yesterday the bossman called about 7 in the morning to tell me not to bother to come into work because of the ice/snow storm. It was not really all that bad, but I had offered to take my fiancee to work because my automobile has 4-wheel drive.

At first I was excited. Snow day! And then it was pretty much down hill from there.

I got out to my truck to find it encased in ice, that I had to try and chisel off. The door was iced shut, and in my attempts to open the door, the latching mechanism broke. I jury rigged a bungy cord to keep the door closed, as I slide over the ice to my fiancee's house.

After fussing for another hour on the car door, I finally gave up because I was tired of having ice pelt me in the face. I proceed to go inside. I accidentally break a lamp that had been placed precariously on the end table. To console myself with a bag of chex mix, I manage to pour it all over the floor. As I was sweeping up that mess, a mouse ran across my foot.

Sigh...I think I hate snow days. Take it from a Southerner. No civilized person should have to work on a snow day. It makes the world so much less frustrating.

I'll go put my head down on my desk now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on the 'Connecticut 6'

The History of the Football helmet

Homily Notes for the 32nd Sunday of Ordinary Time