The Archer's 1000th Blog Post

This is the 1000th blog entry I have made on this blog since its inception back on 18 October 2004. So I suppose this is a blogoversary of sorts. I find it somewhat hard to believe I have posted on this blog 1000 times thus far. I remember when I started, this blog was a Frankenstein monster an experimental work in progress.

I had a prototype website that was vaguely similar to a blog when I was in college. That was back in the dark ages when they were not even called 'blogs' and no one over 25 had any idea what a .MP3 was. I had shut that website down because it was a pain to reformat the HTML every time I wanted to write a new column, and I had no time in law school to fiddle with such novelties.


So, my first year in seminary I created this blog, which was actually a 'blog' in the now common sense of the term. Some of my friends and a seminary professor all had blogs, so I figured I would see what I could come up with. I honestly doubted it would last very long after the novelty of it wore off.


I remember when I created this blog, I wondered how I could keep coming up with stuff to put on here week after week. That's sort of ironic considering my almost inexhaustible off-the-wall humor and commentary on life. Let me assure my readers that the world of the Archer of the Forest will continue well into the near and distance future.


I have been wondering what I could do for my 1000th posting to this blog. My initial reaction was to do a David Letterman-esque top ten list of all time favorite postings. There are so many blog entries that I am fond of that that particular idea was not really feasible. I then thought of cartooning an original Archer Comic.

Without further ado, here is my 1000th Blogoversary Archer Comics salute to Open Communion:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on the 'Connecticut 6'

The History of the Football helmet

Homily Notes for the 32nd Sunday of Ordinary Time