I love Mondays

Garfield, the cartoon cat, always had a mantra about hating Mondays. I never hated Mondays. I especially like them now because Mondays are my day off, which is very nice today because I had a 12 hour workday yesterday. (Shout outs to 3 hour vestry meetings and special Sunday evening programs.) Luckily, I don't have long Sundays like that too often.

But even when I was working full time in a secular job or going to school full time, I never really hated Mondays. Once I finally get up and moving on Monday and have my cup of coffee, I think Mondays seems to clip right along.

It has always been the Tuesday that I dreaded. Tuesdays just drag along like nobody's business. It seems like you have worked all morning, and you are getting ready for lunch. You look at the clock: 10:12. Dadgummit! And you still have over half the work week coming at you!

Maybe the cause revolves around the fact that if a Monday goes awry, you can blame it on the day."Well, its Monday." People usually have sympathy on that. But try, "Man, I hate Tuesdays!" and people just stare at you like you are some sort of loon.

Why must we hate Mondays, and give Tuesdays a free pass?

Comments

Raisin said…
I love Mondays so much, I might even love them more than you do!

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on the 'Connecticut 6'

The History of the Football helmet

Homily Notes for the 32nd Sunday of Ordinary Time