Bishop squared

So I had my pre-ordination happy hour consultation with the Bishop this morning. It was more of a courtesy call, which contained the following opening dialogue:

----------------------------------------------------------------

Bishop: Be right with you, Ryan.

[pause while I read all the diocesan newsletters on the waiting room table]

Bishop: Now then, thanks for coming. Long time no see.
Ryan: No kidding.

Bishop: Yeah, its been...what? 48 hours?
------------------------------------------------------------------

In all seriousness, the Bishop was pleased with the large slate of Confirmands that I presented to him for Reception/Confirmation on Sunday. He was also still raving about the Star Quilt a local Lakota parishioner presented him as a gift during his visitation. I snapped this picture afterwards:
I thought it was cool. She made it with Bishop's colors to boot. How neat is that?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on the 'Connecticut 6'

The History of the Football helmet

Homily Notes for the 32nd Sunday of Ordinary Time