Overheard in the Office

[a voice from the kitchen...]

Rector: Man, is this the Communion bread the altar guild left for Sunday? It's huge!

Archer: No, that's my lunch. It's a homemade Calzone.

[awkward pause]

Rector: Oh...I guess a Sauce and Pepperoni filled body of Christ would be sort of weird.

Archer: A heretically tasty treat!

[awkward pause]

Archer: Wait...how did you know it had Pepperoni and Sauce?

[munching sound]

[awkward pause]

[munching sound]

Rector: I don't [w]oe...

[munching sound]

Rector: Guess I'm buying [w]unch.

Comments

Raisin said…
that's hilarious!
"Ms. Cornelius" said…
Ha. I think someone else should be buying lunch, once the chewing and swallowing is completed. For safety's sake.

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on the 'Connecticut 6'

The History of the Football helmet

Homily Notes for the 32nd Sunday of Ordinary Time