Pictures of Blue Cloud Abbey

After a good retreat, my time at Blue Cloud Abbey is ending. I thought I would share some of the pictures from this truly beautiful place.
This mural is on the side of the main chapel.
Here is the abbey church, monastery compound, and retreat center. It was all built by hand by the monks since the 1950s.
I have no idea what that is reflecting in my glasses.
Look closely at the sign. Yes, its apparently a holy water dispenser. I have never seen that before.
This is the main stained glass window in the Abbey church. You can't really tell from the photograph, but it is a 3-D stained glass window. I am not usually a huge fan of contemporary stained glass, but this was pretty neat.

This is the lower pond.
I like this shot. The wind was blowing hard, but it turned out well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on the 'Connecticut 6'

The History of the Football helmet

Homily Notes for the 32nd Sunday of Ordinary Time