Huguenots

When I was in Charleston, SC, I ran across a Huguenot (French Protestant) Church that had been on the same site since 1681. It's still a functioning Huguenot church. I had no idea Huguenots were still in existence. I was not there on a Sunday, so I could only peek in the window, but I wrote down their website address (see link above).

I also found when searching their website that they have a link to their prayer book, which can be found here. Its all online, and apparently was from the late 1700s. I took a gander at the Communion service, and it is similar but different in many respects to the Episcopal Prayerbook from about that same time. Take a gander at it, it's quite interesting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on the 'Connecticut 6'

The History of the Football helmet

Homily Notes for the 32nd Sunday of Ordinary Time