Not a good solution for insomnia

I've been battling a trifle of a head cold, mainly just scratchy throat and stuffiness, due to fall allergies. I took some drugs Sudafed Cold and Cough stuff before I went to bed. Taking that stuff is akin to what old detective novels used to refer to "slipping someone a mickey." I was basically in a stupor by 9PM, somehow just missing the Philadelphia Phillies comeback over the Dodgers.

The dark side of that Sudafed, at least for me personally, is that after it wears off in about 4 hours, I usually wake up and am wired, I'm guessing because Sudafed has caffeine or some other stimulant in it. I woke up this morning and it was about 3 in the morning.

I tossed and turned for a while and then got up for some water. I happened to turn on the TV, which is never advisable at 3 AM. Weird things are usually on. I mean, who wants to watch a Lou Dobbs rerun in the middle of the night? Creepy...

Anyway, the news was on and it sent me back to bed in a hurry. In the glow of a 3:15 newscast, the European stock market had basically been shut down temporarily to avoid a further panic and the Asian markets had completely tanked.

So I went back to bed, in the hopes of having a better nightmare.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on the 'Connecticut 6'

The History of the Football helmet

Homily Notes for the 32nd Sunday of Ordinary Time