Blizzards, part II

For those of you who have ever listened to Garrison Keeler or been to Minnesota, you will appreciate the following true story: 

On Sunday, I trudged out to the car in my parka and hat, as I had to retrieve my wife’s snow boots from the car. This is in the middle of the blizzard, snow blowing everywhere, -15 degrees. (Never had to scrape frost off the inside of the windshield…but that’s another story.) 

Anyway, I got back into the hotel, and there was a guy standing there in the lobby in a red flannel shirt and furry rabbit hat. He smiles, and in the perfect Lake Wobegon accent, goes, “Coold ‘nuff, for ya, eh?”


I kid you not…it was great.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on the 'Connecticut 6'

The History of the Football helmet

Homily Notes for the 32nd Sunday of Ordinary Time