Wild Weekend

So Advent IV came and went. That, in itself, was not to bizarre. Sunday afternoon my Elks lodge hosted is 101st annual Christmas party for under privileged kids, complete with Christmas bags of goodies, jugglers, and the grand finale Santa and sleigh. The kicker was it was -4 degrees (Fahrenheit for my British readers) outside. And yet over 1000 kids showed up.


Then Monday rolled around and I ended up at the emergency clinic. I thought I needed a few stitches from a cut on my hand, but they put some of that new bio-glue on there. The doctor said it was like an artificial scab. It now makes the cut on my hand look like one of those fake pastie-scars kids wear on Halloween.

Then today, my wife had her first ultrasound. I got to see my kid for the first time. It was a neat feeling. It is amazing what they can do with ultrasounds now a days. You could see fingers and the the little heart beating away.

I got to the office around lunch time and showed off the pictures. One parishioner who happened to be in the office said, "It's more than neat...it's God's little miracle." I can't top that.

Here ends the Blog Entry.
Thanks be to God.

Comments

Congratulations to you both!! Our ultrasound is next week :)
I'll warn you, it's pretty cool.
Rainy Rector said…
Congratulations to you both! Wow! You are truly having a blessed year. May God continue to richly bless you in the future. Peace, Court.

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on the 'Connecticut 6'

The History of the Football helmet

Homily Notes for the 32nd Sunday of Ordinary Time