25 Random Things about The Archer

This little meme is making its way around Facebook and other places. Apparently the rules are as follows:

"Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you."

I resisted for quite some time but can't do it anymore.

1. I love bacon.
2. I call Facebook "The Oracle of All Social Knowledge."
3. If idle hands are the devil's workshop, I think Facebook must be the operating system of hell's entire computer network.
4. I one time filled out an application by saying my occupation was "foole." I added an "e" at the end to hack them off.
4a. I actually got what I applied for, which was disturbing in itself really.
5. A guy came up to me trying to sell me alien abduction insurance, and I ran away.
6. I collect old radio shows.
6a. My favorite radio show is still the Rathbone/Bruce Sherlock Holmes series from the mid-1940s.
7. I have watched way too much Star Trek in my life.
7a. For many years Next Generation was my favorite series, but DS9 has gradually become a very close second.
8. The fact that "Reverend" is a modifier and not technically a proper title but is used as such really doesn't bother me. I just pretend like it does.
9. I tried roasted ants once, and they weren't bad. Especially the chocolate ones.
10. I've been known to haggle so well, the seller ended up giving me money to take the item away.
11. I would be perfectly happy not having a cell phone.
12. I have been to most of the major Cathedrals in England.
13. At one time, my Hawaiian shirt collection was legendary.
14. I know how to and have played cricket.
15. My current favorite new TV show is Battlestar Galactica.
16. I've been known to get hatemail from a Congressman.
17. My college roommate and I had a pet rubber chicken named Brother Clucker.
18. I still love bacon. Okay, that's technically a repeat...so either stare out the window for this one or remember to ask me sometime to tell you the rattlesnake story. It takes 30 minutes but its well worth the time.
19. I am still known to occasionally refer to people at "pinkos." (Most kids don't even know what Communists are anymore.)
20. My wife forbids me from ever running for Bishop.
20a. And you know...I'm really cool with that.
21. I've met interesting people, ranging from Bob Feller to Desmond Tutu.
21a. I saw Warren Buffet in a restaurant one time, but he's boring.
22. Someone gave me a great ordination present by stealing the rusted cast iron tub from my backyard. If they had come and asked, I would have given them money for their trouble...
23. I have been drafted to chant Vespers at a Ukrainian Orthodox Church before, having never seen any Orthodox chant tone musical notations. (It probably ended up sounding like Anglican chant, as I was having to wing it.
24. I hate chain letters and stupid rules.
24a. I also hate in no particular order: beets, raw tomatoes, and those nasty little Dove dark chocolate things in the wrappers that don't warn you its dark chocolate.
25. Because of 24, I refuse to tag anyone as per instructions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on the 'Connecticut 6'

The History of the Football helmet

Homily Notes for the 32nd Sunday of Ordinary Time