Almost made the Baby Jesus cry...

So I was packing up the Christmas stuff from the Chapel at St. Mark's today, including the Christmas tree next to the pulpit and the crèche. (For my liturgically impaired readers, a crèche is a manger scene.)

As I was packing up the pieces, I was wrapping them up in newspaper sheets, The set is a very a very slick, white ceramic. When I got to the manger with the baby Jesus, I accidentally dropped it. The Bambino rolled across the carpet and came to a screeching halt on the tile under one of the pews. 

Luckily I was in the chapel by myself and no one witnessed it. Needless to say I still held my breath. No harm done, the baby Jesus was intact.That was a close one. 

I almost made the baby Jesus cry.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on the 'Connecticut 6'

The History of the Football helmet

Homily Notes for the 32nd Sunday of Ordinary Time