25 Random Things I believe

So apparently Steve tagged with a variant of the Facebook 25 Things chain letter. The variant interested me, so I thought I would try it. Apparently the premise is similar, but has to do with things I believe in general.

I think I will try to be quasi-serious about this one. (Keywords: I'll try.)

So here we are in no particular order: The 25 Things: The Archer's Existential edition.

1. I believe in one God, the Father, the Almighty, creator of heaven and earth. (might as well start out with the Creed. An oldie but a goodie.)
2. I believe in Jesus Christ His only son, our Lord. Who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead, and buried; He descended into hell. The third day He arose again from the dead;
He ascended into heaven, and sitteth on the right hand of God the Father Almighty; from thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead.
(Again, I'm apeing the Creed, but I believe it none the less.
3. I believe in the Holy Ghost; the holy catholic church; the communion of saints; the forgiveness of sins; the resurrection of the body; and the life everlasting.
(Again, the Creed, but why break up a set?)
4. I believe Coca Cola is way better than Pepsi. (I said I'd try to be serious, not that I would succeed.)
5. I believe evil forces exist, apart from man.
6. I believe the holy scriptures "containeth all things necessary for salvation."
7. I believe in absolute truth and that it can be discerned by man, despite what relativists tell you.
8. I believe God, while merciful and loving, is also the ultimate judge of the world and will act accordingly.
9. I believe there are 7 Sacraments.
10. I believe anytime you want to try to leave the office early on Friday afternoon, forget about it. 10 people will walk in right when you are trying to lock up.
11. I believe God has a sense of humor. (If not, we're in deep trouble.)
12. I believe bacon is the ultimate comfort food.
13. I believe if the Church did a better job of hearing confessions and counseling people, there would be much less need for Psychiatrists.
14. I believe Jesus Christ is fully God and fully man.
15. I believe no good deed goes unpunished...or something like that. (That's a joke.)
16. I believe I'll skip this one. Sweet 16 never did anything for me.
17. I believe my favorite place in all the world is standing by the Little Pigeon River in Greenbriar State Park in East Tennessee.
18. I believe having to create bridal and baby registries are the handiwork of the Devil.
19. I believe Charles Dickens' "A Christmas Carol" is the best short work of fiction ever written.
20. I believe the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe is the best children's work of fiction ever written.
21. I believe one retired former bishop I've met is a heretic. (I won't name names, so don't bother asking.)
22. I believe that there but by the grace of God, go I.
23. I believe beets are the nastiest food on the earth. (They taste like dirt, are you kidding me?)
24. I believe facebook is really a fun yet colossal waste of time.
25. I believe I will go home now. TGIF...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on the 'Connecticut 6'

The History of the Football helmet

Homily Notes for the 32nd Sunday of Ordinary Time