Yeah, I knew him way back when...

I remember when Todd Helton was a high school baseball player at Central High School in Knoxville. I remember when he led the University of Tennessee to a College World Series birth as a killer first basemen. I even remember when he set the SEC record for scoreless innings pitched (Yes, he was a killer relief pitcher in college. He had a nasty curve ball.)

I was privileged enough to hear Todd Helton get his career 2000th hit in the Major Leagues last night, when I happened to turn on the Braves game who were playing the Rockies on the MLB TV radio stream.

He may not quite make it into the Hall of Fame, but he was certainly the best pure hitter of his generation in the Majors.

Congrats, Todd.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on the 'Connecticut 6'

The History of the Football helmet

Homily Notes for the 32nd Sunday of Ordinary Time