Summer Time is Busy Time

I find it hard to believe that next week is the 4th of July. I had to have my fireplace going less that 14 days ago.

Even though the Christmas and Easter holiday seasons are behind us and school classes are largely over for the summer break, I am constantly amazed at how busy summer time can be.

Gardening in the community garden, mowing lawns, working on building projects, and vacations never cease to end their constant drain on precious summer time before the South Dakota winter returns all too soon.

Life in the church is not much better. We have summer camps and Masses in the Grasses, etc. Why is it that church leaders often are the last to heed the advice of our Saviour when he says, “Come unto me all ye that travail and are heavy laden, and I will refresh you.”?

Food for thought...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on the 'Connecticut 6'

The History of the Football helmet

Homily Notes for the 32nd Sunday of Ordinary Time