Youth Group Idea

I had a bit of a brain wave (it happens sometimes) about what to do with the youth group this week. What I came up with seemed to be well received. It was close to Halloween, so I decided I wanted to watch a Halloween movie. Nothing gory or anything, just one of the classics.

I decided to pick the 1931 Bela Lugosi Dracula. We had a little discussion about Christian symbols and liturgical items and then watched the film with that in mind. The classic 1931 Dracula is loaded with Christian symbols, especially at the beginning when they go into Dracula's mansion (which looks like a stone cathedral.)

The idea seemed to be well received, so if you have a youth group and want to do a Halloween type thing, you might consider this. If you want particulars, e-mail me and I can give you some particulars on what to look for in Dracula in terms of the Christian element.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on the 'Connecticut 6'

The History of the Football helmet

Homily Notes for the 32nd Sunday of Ordinary Time