Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!

One of the schemes I've cooked up for publicity for my current parish was a radio ad. We were a non-profit, so the local radio station gave us a pretty good deal on rates. It was basically just an ad for our Holy Week services that will run next week, so we will see if anything comes of it. You never know until you try, I say.

I had to go down to the studio this morning and record the ad. I did it in one take. I was quite pleased. The radio person doing the recording was impressed and guessed (correctly) that I had done radio and recording work before. It had been a few years, but I nailed it.

If you are in Brookings next week, see if you can hear it on 1430 AM or B93.7.

I so wanted to do an obnoxious radio ad like, "St Paul's: this weekend only! Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!"

I figured my donors supporting this venture would not have appreciated that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on the 'Connecticut 6'

The History of the Football helmet

Homily Notes for the 32nd Sunday of Ordinary Time