Back in Action

I was gone this last weekend to a convention of the State Historical Society out in Pierre. As such, I have not been blogging for about a week. It was a fascinating discussion and lecture series on the history of politics in South Dakota.

This was helpful for me personally, as I have never quite gotten a grip on politics in this state. I will not go into that here, as I try to keep this blog politics free. I felt better after listening to a series of Ph.D.'s trying to explain it and largely admitting they do not fully understand the dynamics either.

Perhaps what I found most interesting was the fact that you could tell what subject was the presenter's specialty by their demeanor. History majors usually have a sense of humor, albeit incredibly dry. Political Science majors are always very dour and largely humorless. And usually they have some particular political ax to grind. I guess it comes with the territory, but I found it fascinating nonetheless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on the 'Connecticut 6'

The History of the Football helmet

Homily Notes for the 32nd Sunday of Ordinary Time