Digging out...

Well, apparently I picked an eventful weekend to be ill (and completely out of any news loop).

Northern Plains Anglicans blog decided to close. I was somewhat saddened by that, as it was one of the (very) few Anglican/Episcopal blogs out there that I both read, enjoyed, and commented on because it was thoughtful without being shrill, mean, or hysterical.

In other news, apparently the US and various other countries decided to start dropping bombs on Libya in what appears to be at random. Even the French are involved. I guess they are throwing wine bottles at Qaddafi or Khaddafi or Khaddafy.  I learned recently from a native Egyptian who currently teaches here in Brookings that for many years (going all the way back to Anwar Sadat) that all official communications from the Egyptian government regarding Qaddafi refer to him never by name but simply as "Our Crazy Neighbor." I feel that the West should of at least have agreed on how to spell the guy's name correctly before getting involved, but perhaps that's asking too much.

Apparently the NCAA men's basketball tournament has been wild, as no number 1 or 2 seeds still remain. My Louisville friends are about to set themselves on fire because Louisville got bounced early and Kentucky is in the Final Four. Butler and VCU made it to the Final Four. I noted on more than one "live bracket" on some of the major sporting news websites that they webmaster did not even have a logo of VCU to link to.

Apparently the inventor of Super glue died. Everyone was hailing him as a genius and a hero. I have never understood why Super glue is so super. It sticks to everything (including fingers) except the one thing you are trying to glue. I can't stand the stuff, but progress marches on.

March Madness indeed...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on the 'Connecticut 6'

The History of the Football helmet

Homily Notes for the 32nd Sunday of Ordinary Time