I always find this kind of thing creepy.

Over on Facebook, the official Beatles Fan page posted a short clip of a remastered Beatles song (If I Fell from A Hard Day's Night, fyi.)

While I enjoy listening to things like this, I always feel a bit impoverished when modern music technology feels the continuous need to remaster a remaster of a classic. At some point the music becomes a golem, a soulless creature from Medieval Jewish folklore.

Listen to any pop tart/boy band actually sing and compare it to what's done to their voices and music via computers. Granted, I realize that a lot of this is done to make more money off a previous hit, but at what point does the remastering of music become divorced from the original artist?

Things I wonder about at 3 AM.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on the 'Connecticut 6'

The History of the Football helmet

Homily Notes for the 32nd Sunday of Ordinary Time