Introducing...

Ms. Ginny, the mostly Whippet
I heretofore told the story of how this dog came into my life. It was about the saddest thing I've ever seen in terms of dog rescues, being thrown out a car window like a bag of trash in the parking lot of the Walmart by your schmuck owner.


After she spent a few days at the Rescue and the Vet and had a good bath, Ginny is doing well. I decided in consultation with the Rescue that she would be a hard dog to place, as she has a bit of a limp and currently has a touch of the mange. I decided I would take her. We probably did not necessarily need another dog, but this dog needed us.


Ginny is mostly Whippet, and certainly has the Whippet personality, back end, and ears. Her face is more hound-like, perhaps a beagle or who knows what. I say she's mostly Whippet and part couch potato. She is a sweety, and I couldn't stand the idea of her possibly ending up back a pound or with some owner like her previous one.


As you can see, she is settling in nicely and has not had a single accident. Our Golden Retriever is thrilled to have another dog to play with. He hasn't smiled like this for long periods for a long time. He even shares his tennis balls with her.

Wanna snuggle? 

Comments

Matthew M said…
This turned out well I'm happy to see!

This is my day for dog stories I guess.I don't have a dog but if I did I'm sure this would be posted on my fridge!

Why Men Have Dogs:

1. The later you are, the more excited your dogs are to see you.
2. Dogs don’t notice if you call them by another dog’s name.
3. Dogs like it if you leave a lot of things on the floor.
4. A dog’s parents never visit.
5. Dogs agree that you have to raise your voice to get your point across.
6. You never have to wait for a dog; they’re ready to go 24 hours a day.
7. Dogs like to go hunting and fishing.
8. A dog will not wake you up at night to ask, "If I died, would you get another dog?"
9. If a dog has babies, you can put an ad in the paper and give them away.
10. A dog will let you put a studded collar on it without calling you a pervert.
11. If a dog smells another dog on you, they don’t get mad. They just think it’s interesting.
13.. Dogs like to ride in the back of a pickup truck.

And last, but not least:

14.. If a dog leaves, it won’t take half of your stuff.
Lori M said…
Your mom was just telling me about Ginny. I'm so glad you were in the right place at the right time to save her. She is so cute, and it looks like Sarah and Ginny will be best friends. Any idea how old the dog might be?
The vet guesses about 2 or so, which makes her pretty young.
Wonderful rescue. Lucky dog.

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on the 'Connecticut 6'

The History of the Football helmet

Homily Notes for the 32nd Sunday of Ordinary Time